The issue of security is a genuine global concern and more particularly an obvious one in the sub-region when we consider the various conflicts and upheavals that are driving political, social and economic life in the various countries in West Africa and beyond.
Similarly, where land ownership is concerned, property disputes remain a challenge. Land disputes affect individuals, communities as well as countries. The issue of personal security is therefore becoming a concern, as individuals and communities often resort to physical confrontation over issues of territorial integrity, resulting in the loss of human life.
Security is an issue in many other areas too. We often deal with food safety, social safety, workplace safety, road safety, IT safety, and many others.
Security is therefore a very up-to-date issue, and researchers must look into it to find solutions that can be implemented.
The democratization of Information and Communication Technologies, coupled with the growing performance of these technologies, means that virtually every sector of activity can now be digitized (human relations, road safety, civil status, agriculture, etc.). This digitalization generates an enormous amount of data that we can only store and retrieve as and when we need to.
However, this data is an enormous source of additional information when combined with Artificial Intelligence (AI) techniques such as deep learning and machine learning. For example, a video taken of a farm field by a camera can, in addition to being stored, be analyzed by AI and detect pests in such a way as to alert the owner, who will then be able to take precautions in good time or automatically trigger a response. It is in this context that the ICT sub-committee of the National Academy of Sciences, Arts and Literature of Benin (ANSALB) is hosting a workshop on the theme of « Security issues in the AI era ».
The purpose of this conference is to bring together social players such as researchers, economic operators, manufacturers, local authorities, and those involved in governance at all levels to discuss all aspects of security and the interesting ways in which AI can be used to guarantee it. During the conference, participants will also have the opportunity to discuss with experts in the field and share best practices.
List of topics to be covered in this special issue:
Original contributions relating to security in general and to the era of AI in the following fields are most welcome:
- Blockchain application
- Digital finance
- Territorial Integrity
- Networks security
- Big Data
Tentative Timeline for this special issue:
- Manuscript Submission Date- 04.2024
- Author Notification Date - 01.06.2024
- Revised paper submission Date - 30.08.2024
Scientific Committee for this special issue:
- Antoine VIANOU/Université d’Abomey Calavi (UAC)/BÉNIN
- Telex M. N. NGATCHED /McMaster University /CANADA
- Ahmed Dooguy KORA /Ecole Supérieure Multinationale des Télécom./(ESMT) SÉNÉGAL
- Claude LISHOU/Université Cheikh Anta Diop /SÉNÉGAL
- Christelle AUPETIT Université de Limoges (UNILIM)/FRANCE
- Hatem Ben Sta/Université de Tunis El Manar /TUNISIE
- Pr Michel BABRI /Institut National Polytechnique Félix Houphouet -Boigny/CÔTE D’IVOIRE
- Michel DOSSOU/Ecole Polytechnique d’Abomey Calavi (UAC)/BÉNIN
- Tahirou DJARA/Ecole Polytechnique d’Abomey Calavi (UAC)/BÉNIN
- Samuel OUYA /Ecole Supérieure Polytechnique (ESP)/SÉNÉGAL
- Taha Bennani/Faculté des Sciences de Tunis/TUNISIE
- Eugéne EZIN/Universite d'Abomey-Calavi/BÉNIN
- Jules DEGILA/Universite d'Abomey-Calavi/BÉNIN
- Mr Nicolas THON/Directeur Général de Sup Télécoms/BÉNIN
- Thierry EDOH/Université technique de Munich/ALLEMAGNE
- Dr Patrick SOTINDJO/UNSTIM/BÉNIN
- Dr Bah Aladé Habib SIDI/ORANGE /FRANCE
Pr. Telex M. N. NGATCHED
Telex M. N. Ngatched is an Associate Professor at McMaster University and was an affiliated Researcher at the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Manitoba, Canada, as a Memorial University.
He received the B.Sc. degree and the M.Sc. degree in electronics from the University of Yaoundé, Cameroon, in 1992 and 1993, respectively, the M.Sc. Eng. degree in electronic engineering from the University of Natal, Durban, South Africa, in 2002, and the Ph.D. degree in electronic engineering from the University of KwaZulu-Natal, Durban, where he was a Postdoctoral Fellow. He is a Senior IEEE Member. His research interests include:
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning for Communications, And Underwater Communications
- 5g and 6g Enabling Technologies
- Optical Wireless Communications
- Hybrid Optical Wireless and Radio-Frequency Communications
He was a recipient of the Best Paper Award at the IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference in 2019. He is a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) registered with the Professional Engineers Ontario, Toronto, ON, Canada. He serves as an Area Editor for the IEEE Open Journal of the Communications Society, an Associate Technical Editor for the IEEE Communications Magazine, and an Editor for the IEEE Communications Society On-Line Content. (Based on a document published on 27 December 2023).
Acad. Antoine VIANOU
Acad. Antoine VIANOU is a Full Professor of Engineering Sciences and Techniques at the University of Abomey-Calavi, founder Member of the Académie Nationale des Sciences, Arts et Lettres du Benin (ANSALB) and Science Ambassador of the Republic of Benin.
He was Head of the Research and Doctoral Training Department at the Ecole Polytechnique d'Abomey-Calavi; Permanent Secretary of the Mathematics and Physical Chemistry Scientific Committee of the Scientific Council of the University of Abomey-Calavi; Vice-Rector in charge of Academic Affairs and Professional Integration at the University of Abomey-Calavi from 2006-2012.
President of the Comité Scientifique Sectoriel des Sciences et Techniques de l'Ingénieur STI at the University of Abomey-Calavi and Director of Labo-CTMAE, Laboratoire de Caractérisation Thermophysique des Matériaux et d'Appropriation Energétique at the University of Abomey Calavi.
He is the author of numerous scientific articles in the fields of
- Electrical and Energy Engineering
- Thermophysical characterization of local building materials;
- Renewable energies ;
- Thermal Comfort of Housing;
- - Electronics and Telecommunications;
- Artificial Intelligence.
Pr. Ahmed Dooguy KORA
Ahmed D. KORA is a Full Professor with the Ecole Superieure Multinationale de Télécommunications (ESMT) in Senegal in Telecommunication and is currently the Director of teaching, training, and research and responsible for the ESMT PhD program in partnership with Université Cheikh Anta Diop de Dakar.
He received a Ph. D degree in telecommunications from the University of Limoges, France. He is an IEEE senior member and ITU consultant. His research fields include:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Communication Systems and Networks,
- Free Space Optics,
- Fiber Optics,
- Quality Of Service,
- Universal Access,
- Emerging Technologies.
Dr. Thierry EDOH
Thierry Edoh is an affiliated researcher at the University of Bonn (Germany) and associate professor at ESMT/Dakar-Senegal.
He was affiliated with Bundeswehr University Munich/Germany, and Technical University of Munich/department of Applied Software Engineering (Germany). Visiting lecturer at several African and Indian universities. He received his Diploma in computer sciences from the Technical University of Munich holds a Ph.D. at the German Federal Army University and performed postdoctoral research works at the University of Bonn (Germany)/Department of Pharmacy.
He was an award-winner at the 1st International Health Informatics Conference IHI ACM in Washington in 2010 and 2013 at the Afrinic Conference in Indonesia.
He has authored 40+ papers in high-impact factor journals and 02 books. He co-authored and co-edited 03 books and several book chapters. Member of several editorial review boards in high-factor impact journals. His research-fields:
- Blockchain to prevent medicine counterfeit, drug abuse, and access to opioids.
- EHR/EMR and blockchain
- Diseases surveillance and risk prevention using IoT technology.
- Health literacy impact on patient health outcomes
- Patient-centric data impacts on patient health outcomes
- Impact of Medical Education on screening Test outcomes
- Elderly health care
Editorial board member at Internet Technology Letters (Willey journal) He has initiated the annual International Conference on Rural and Elderly Health Informatics Conference and has contributed to organizing several other conferences